Background

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Brief Gotcha Story

Just a brief story of our "gotcha" moment. We were to meet the babies at 2 in the afternoon. We arrived to the hotel around 1:40 and were to take our bags to the rooms and go to a meeting room on the 2nd floor. As we were waiting for our room keys, I turned and saw two nannies holding babies. I could hardly believe my eyes! I first saw my friend's baby Robin and quickly glanced to see the face of the 2nd child. She was wearing a hot pink hat and had on a dark red quilted jacket and jumper. When she turned to look our way, there was no mistaking it was our sweet YaoYao. I was so caught off guard, all I could think to do was grab my Iphone and start videoing and taking pictures. Ethan and Zoe quickly walked up to her and the nanny. I wasn't sure if I could hold her or not. I haven't watched the video, but I am guessing she began to cry.

We were then sent to our room to gather the items we needed and then went to the meeting room. YaoYao was crying and we were to fillout several pieces of paper for preparation for our appointment the next day. It was hard to not be with her, but she was entertained by her sweet brothers and sister and her Aunt Angie out in the hall. At some point, one of the nannies put her down and she began to walk! That is when I began to booohooo! Up until that point, there were no tears, just pure excitement and awe at our beautiful child. She had grown so much, but was still so petite!

After all the paperwork-maybe an hour, we were able to sit and ask the Director questions. I will share more later of what the Director told us about YaoYao!

1 comment:

  1. Praise God!!!!!!!!! I wish I was there to see her walk. I cried just you telling me that!!!!!!!!!!! God is faithful Gina. He is so pleased with you stepping out in faith!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YaoYao is too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete