Background

Saturday, November 27, 2010

Yao Yao's Care Package Update!

Qing Pei Yao Care Package

After we received Referral Acceptance we were given permission to send Yao Yao a care package. Because we hope to be with her in just 5 weeks or less, we don't have time to send a package from home. We used a sweet woman named Ann with RedThread. She lives in China and is able to purchase and send packages to the children quickly. We hope Yao Yao will have her package in the next few days. Ann has already emailed us the pictures of her package and translated the letter we wrote to Yao Yao, the directors and her sweet Nanny. She was also able to give us new measurements. She is now 19 1/2 pounds and 29 1/2 inches long. She is getting so big. I can't wait to bring her home. The disposable camera will hopefully be used to take pictures of her at the orphanage. I have a strong feeling the directors will make sure this happens as they truly care about the children in their care and are happy she has a forever family.

What I don't know is whether they know it is our family adopting her. They know she has a family but may not realize it is us. I wish I could see the look on their face when they read the letter because I explained that I was the one there this summer with my 10 year old son. I am also the woman who was balling uncontrollably when we had to say good bye the last day we were there. I will never forget Yao Yao's Nanny was holding her and I was stroking Yao Yao's arm. The female director said "she be ok, good care, she be good" I had such a deep love for her, but did not know at that time that the Lord would do a big work in my heart and Shane's as we considered all her potential needs. I am thankful to God for allowing me to have the time with Yao Yao! I know in my heart, as I will share more later, that God intended this little girl to be our daughter since the beginning of time and that our family would not be who He designed it to be without her!!

So, all that to say, I can't wait to hold my girl again!!! Here are pictures of her care package. I love looking at her Chinese name-on camera! Isn't it beautiful!!!???!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment